Covered period: 2014 May 19-25
LAT Mission week: 311.57 - 312.57
- PKS 2142-75 was discovered in outburst during the week, peaking on May 21 with daily flux level of 2.7E-6 (22 times the 2FGL catalog flux) and 6 hour interval flux of 4.8E-6 (40 times the 2FGL catalog flux). These values represent the historical maximum GeV flux of this FSRQ, also detected all the other days of the week in high state (daily flux1E-6). ATel#6157 issued on data of May 20 during the rising part of the flare.
- Rapid flare of NRAO 530 (PKS 1730-13) detected on May 23 with a daily flux of 1.7E-6 (20 times the 2FGL flux).
- PKS 2155-304 (ATel#6148) detected in a high-flux state (daily flux about 1E-6) during the first days of the week.
- 3C 454.3 detected with a daily flux level ranging between about 2.0E-6 and 3.0E-6 during the week.
- Further bright blazars detected in some days of the week with daily flux in the range of about 0.7E-6 to 1.2E-6: 4C +21.35 (PG 1222+216), PKS 1510-08, PKS 1424-41, 3C 279, Ton 599, PMN J2345-1555, B2 1504+37 and NGC 1275 (Per A, 3C 84).
- Other blazars detected in some days of the week (with daily flux lower than about 0.6E-6): S5 1044+71, Mkn 421, 3C 66A, S5 0716+71, S5 0836+71, PKS 2326-502, PKS 0426-380, TXS 0639-032 (PMN J0641-0320).
- Galactic plane source Fermi J1057-6027 (2FGL J1056.2-6021) detected with daily flux level of about 1E-6 on May 21 and 22.
- Galactic plane source consistent with 2FGL J1045.0-5941 (Eta Carinae and PSR J1048-5832 nearby) detected on May 24.
- GRB detected by the LAT during the week: GRB 140523A (GCN-Circ.#16322).
Fluxes are in the unit of photons/cm^2/s above 100 MeV. All uncertainties are statistical only.
Note. All the flux reported above are by the ASP analysis and should be considered preliminary and should not be used for publication, however they are indicative of the flux range and the current status of a source. Source association is done on the basis of source location, considering spatial coincidence only, and it is not indicative of an identification.
- Please acknowledge the LAT team if you use information from this report.
For questions and comments please contact:
- S. Ciprini (stefano.ciprini[at]asdc.asi.it) for generic information related to this week
- Contact persons on this page for individual sources cited above.