Covered period: 2015 October 12-18
LAT Mission week: 384.57-385.57
- For the first time in seven years of Fermi operation, the VHE BL Lac object 1ES 1959+650 has shown significant GeV variability, with slowly increasing GeV gamma-ray flux since July 2015. This week the source peaked on Oct. 17 with daily flux 0.4 e-6. More details in ATel#8193.
- 3C 454.3 is bright, with daily fluxes between 1.6e-6 and 2.9e-6.
- PKS 0402-362 bright during the week, with daily flux around 1.0e-6, and peaking on Oct. 12 and 17 at 1.3e-6.
- Rapid flare of BL Lac on Oct. 15 with daily flux 1.6e-6.
- Rapid flare of S5 0836+71 (4C +71.07) on Oct. 15 with daily flux 1.2e-6.
- 3C 279 in high state on Oct. 12 and 13 with daily flux 1.6e-6. On these days the sun was still nearby, at about 3 degrees from the blazar.
- NGC 1275 (Per A, 3C 84) bright during the week with daily fluxes ranging between 0.7e-6 and 1.3e-6. The peak flux was reached on Oct. 17 (see also GCN/Fermi Notice #1445179916).
- PKS 1502+106 (OR 103) bright during the week with daily fluxes ranging between 0.7e-6 and 1.1e-6.
- PKS 2032+107 bright during the week with daily fluxes ranging between 0.5e-6 and 1.2e-6 and peaking on Oct. 13 and 17.
- 4C +01.02 (PKS 0106+01) bright during the week with daily fluxes ranging between 0.6e-6 and 1.0e-6.
- Other bright blazars detected in some days of the week with daily flux between 0.6e-6 and 0.8e-6: 4C +51.37 (OT 566, S4 1739+52), PKS 0426-380.
- Other blazars of the week detected around or below about 0.5e-6:
B2 1504+37, B2 1520+31, GB6 J1542+6129, AO 0235+164, S2 0109+22, PKS 1441+25, PKS 1424+240, PKS 1424-41, PKS 1717+177, S4 0954+65, PKS 2155-304, Mkn 421, CTA 102, PKS 1954-388, PKS 2023-07, PKS 2320-035, B3 1343+451, PKS 0700-661, Ton 599, 3C 66A, 3C 273.
Fluxes are in the unit of photons/cm^2/s above 100 MeV. All uncertainties are
Note. All the flux reported above are by the ASP analysis and should be considered preliminary and should not be used for publication, however they are indicative of the flux range and the current status of a source. Source association is done on the basis of source location, considering spatial coincidence only, and it is not indicative of an identification.
- Please acknowledge the LAT team if you use information from this report.
For questions and comments please contact:
- S. Ciprini (stefano.ciprini[at]asdc.asi.it) for generic information related to this week
- Contact persons on this page for individual sources cited above.