Covered period: 2012.September.10 - 2012.September.16
LAT Mission week: 223.57 - 224.57
- The gravitationally lensed blazar S3 0218+35 had a daily flux of (1.0±0.2) X 10-6 on Sep 10 before fading away and was not detected for three days. It brightened again and was strongly detected the last three days of the week with daily flux in the range (1.4 - 3.8) X 10-6 with the peak on Sep 15. This blazar has been very active recently with an initial flare-up (ATel#4343) and a possible echo (ATel#4361) reported recently. This could represent a new flare and a Fermi TOO to observe another possible echo around Sep 25 is planned.
- 4C 38.41 brightened from (0.8±0.2) X 10-6 on Sep 10 to (1.8±0.3) X 10-6 on Sep 15 before declining to (1.1±0.2) X 10-6 on September 16.
- Apart from a dip down to (0.3±0.1) X 10-6 on Sep 11, S5 0716+71 stayed at about 1 X 10-61e-6 for the first five days of this week but was not detected on the last two days.
- B3 1343+451 was detected on Sep 10 through Sep 15, with a daily flux between (0.5±0.1) X 10-6 and (0.8±0.2) X 10-6.
- PKS 1424-418 was detected on Sep 10, 12 and 16 with a daily flux of (0.9±0.3) X 10-6, (1.0±0.4) X 10-6 and (0.7±0.2) X 10-6, respectively.
- Mkn 421 was detected on September 10, 12, and 16 with daily flux between (0.4±0.1) X 10-6 and (0.6±0.2) X 10-6.
- PKS 0116-219 was detected on Sep 12, 13, and 16 with daily flux between (0.5±0.1) X 10-6 and (0.7±0.2) X 10-6.
- Sporadic daily detections of blazars (fluxes below 1 X 10-6 ): PKS 2326-502 (Sep 10, 12), PG 1553+113 (Sep 11), PKS 0250-225 (Sep 14), B2 0716+33 (Sep 13), PKS 2155-304 (Sep 15).
Fluxes are in the unit of photons/cm2/s above 100 MeV. All errors are statistical only.
Note. All the fluxes reported above are from the ASP analysis and should be considered preliminary and should not be used for publication, however they are indicative of the flux range and the current status of a source. Source association is done on the basis of source location, considering spatial coincidence only, and it is not indicative of an identification.
- Please acknowledge the LAT team if you use information from this report.
For questions and comments please contact:
- R. Ojha (roopesh.ojha[at]gmail.com) for generic information related to this week
- Contact persons on this page for individual sources cited above.