Fermi LAT weekly report N. 185
Covered period: 2011 December 19-25
LAT Mission week: 185.57 - 186.57
- Renewed flaring activity from blazar 4C +71.07 (S5 0836+71). This MeV-peaked FSRQs reached a flux level of about 1.7E-6 (3E-6 in a 6h time bin) on December 25 with soft photon index (see ATel#3831). This source has been active in gamma-rays for several weeks.
- BL Lac showed a flare on December 22 (flux about 1.6E-6, soft photon index).
- Other bright blazars reaching the flux level of 1E-6 in some days of the week are: 4C +28.07, PKS 0454-234, PKS 1424-41, PKS 1510-08.
- Other blazars detected most days of the week (below 1E-6) are: PKS 2345-16, PKS 2326-502, B2 1520+31, Mkn 421, Mkn 501.
- Other blazars sporadically detected during the week (below 1E-6) are: NGC 1275, B3 1343+451, PKS 0402-362, PKS 0537-441, PKS 0524-485, 4C +55.17, PMN J0533-4632, S5 0716+714, PKS 2155-304, 3C 66A, 3C 279
Fluxes are in the unit of photons/cm^2/s above 100 MeV.
Note. All the flux reported above are by the ASP analysis and should be considered preliminary and should not be used for publication, however they are indicative of the flux range and the current status of a source. Source association is done on the basis of source location, considering spatial coincidence only, and it is not indicative of an identification. - Please acknowledge the LAT team if you use information from this report.
For questions and comments please contact:
- S. Ciprini (stefano.ciprini[at]asdc.asi.it) for generic information related to this week
- Contact persons on this page for individual sources cited above.