Covered period: 2011.Sept.5 - 2011.Sept.11
LAT Mission week: 170.57 - 171.57
Between Sept. 7 at 23:30 UT and Sept. 10 at 23:30 UT, a pointing mode observation of the Sun (RA, Dec: 167.78, +15.24) was performed by the Fermi-LAT after a detection of a bright flare on Sept. 6.
- Mkn 421 was detected at high significance throughout the week at low flux (~0.2 X 10-6) and showing a flat spectrum (index<~1.7).
- BMG1 J050533+0415 continued to be detected during the week with flux in the range 0.8-2.0 X 10-6.
- PKS 2326-502, 4C +38.41, 4C +28.07 were detected in the first few days of the week. The flux of PKS 2326-502 varied in the range 0.5-0.8 X 10-6, while it was stable for 4C +38.41 and 4C +28.07 at the value of 0.9 and 0.6 X 10-6, respectively.
- Sporadic activity (fluxes below 1.0 X 10-6) observed from PKS 0208-512 (0.6 on Sept. 5), PKS 2155-304 (0.6 on Sept. 6 and 0.2 on Sept. 11), PKS 1424+240 (0.4 on Sept. 6), TXS 1530-131 (0.9 on Sept. 6 and 0.5 on Sept. 7), CRATES J1239+0443 (0.4 on Sept. 8), CGRaBS J0721+7120 (0.3 on Sept. 8 and 0.7 on Sept. 9), B3 1343+451 (0.2 on Sept. 9), PKS 1055+01 (0.4 on Sept. 10), 4C +71.07 (0.9 on Sept. 10 and 0.8 on Sept. 11).
Fluxes are in the unit of photons/cm2/s above 100 MeV. All errors are statistical only.
Note. All the fluxes reported above are from the ASP analysis and should be considered preliminary and should not be used for publication, however they are indicative of the flux range and the current status of a source. Source association is done on the basis of source location, considering spatial coincidence only, and it is not indicative of an identification.
- Please acknowledge the LAT team if you use information from this report.
For questions and comments please contact:
- D. Donato (donato[at]milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov) for generic information related to this week
- Contact persons on this page for individual sources cited above.