Covered period: 2010.September.27 - 2010.October.3
LAT Mission week: 121.57 - 122.57
- Following the increased gamma-ray activity report by the AGILE and LAT collaborations from the Crab Nebula ( ATel #2855, ATel #2861), the daily flux appears to be returning to typical levels. The Crab was seen throughout the week ranging in daily flux from (4.2+/-0.7)E-6 on the 28th to (2.3+0.5)E-6 on the 1st.
- The FSRQ 3C279 was detected in a flaring state on the 27th with a daily flux of (3.9+/-1.4) E-6, Atel #2886. The flux decreased steadily over the next 3 days to a daily value of (0.7+/-0.3) on the 30th and was not seen in the second half of the week.
- CRATES J0531-4827 (also known as PMN J0531-4827) was detected in a high state throughout the week. The daily flux ranged from (0.8+/-0.3)E-6 on the 27th to (1.6+/-0.3)E-6 on the 2nd. The LAT collaboration reported the detection of GeV gamma-ray emission from this blazar in Atel #2907. It is very close spacially to PKS 0524-485.
- 3C454.3 was detected most days this week with an average daily flux of 2.6E-6.
- PKS 1329-049 exhibited a high daily flux of (1.4+/-0.1)E-6 on the 28th and in total was detected on 4 days this week (28th, 29th, 1st, 3rd).
- B2 0619+33 was detected on the 27th, 1st and 2nd.
- Sporadic activity from B2 1510+31, PKS 0537-441, PKS 0426-380, PKS 0727-11, PKS 2326-502 , CRATES J1640+3946 and 4C+21.35.
Fluxes are in the unit of photons/cm2/s above 100 MeV. All errors are statistical only.
Note. All the fluxes reported above are from the ASP analysis and should be considered preliminary and not be used for publication, however they are indicative of the flux range and the current status of a source. Source association is done on the basis of source location, considering spatial coincidence only, and it is not indicative of an identification.
- Please acknowledge the LAT team if you use information from this report.
For questions and comments please contact:
- A. Cannon (firstname.lastname@example.org) for generic information related to this week
- Contact persons on this page for individual sources cited above.