Covered period: 2013 Jan. 14-20
LAT Mission week: 241.57 - 242.57
- Gamma-ray flare from a source positionally consistent with NGC 1275 (also known as 2FGL J0319.8+4130, Perseus A, 3C 84, a radio galaxy located at the center of the Perseus galaxy cluster), detected on Jan. 20 with daily flux (1.1+/-0.3)E-6. Fermi already observed increased GeV activity in 2010 leading to the discovery of VHE gamma-ray emission by the MAGIC imaging air Cherenkov telescopes. NGC 1275 has been in a relatively high gamma-ray state in the last months and now the (E>100MeV) flux is reaching the highest historical value observed by Fermi LAT for the source (see ATel#4753).
- PKS 1424-41 in enduring flaring state (daily flux around 2E-6 in most days of the week, and peaking at about 2.6E-6 on Jan. 20).
- Flare of the high-redshift blazar PKS 2149-306 on Jan. 20 with daily flux about 3.2E-6.
- Blazars MG1 J123931+0443, 3C 454.3, CTA 102, BL Lacertae (on Jan. 14) and 4C +38.41 (also known as B2 1633+38) were detected in high state with a daily flux level equal or above 1E-6 at last in one day of the week.
- Bright blazars detected with daily flux between about 0.5E-6 and 1.0E-6 during the week were: PKS 1510-08, S3 0827+24, PMN J2345-1555, GB6 J1239+0443, PKS 1244-255, PKS 0426-380.
- Other blazars detected, also in a single day, during the week, with daily flux value equal or below 0.5E-6 were: TXS 1433+205, PKS 1502+106, B3 1343+451, Mkn 421, PKS 1124–186.
Fluxes are in the unit of photons/cm^2/s above 100 MeV. All uncertainties are statistical only.
Note. All the flux reported above are by the ASP analysis and should be considered preliminary and should not be used for publication, however they are indicative of the flux range and the current status of a source. Source association is done on the basis of source location, considering spatial coincidence only, and it is not indicative of an identification.
- Please acknowledge the LAT team if you use information from this report.
For questions and comments please contact:
- S. Ciprini (stefano.ciprini[at]asdc.asi.it) for generic information related to this week
- Contact persons on this page for individual sources cited above.