Covered period: 2017 January 2-8
LAT Mission week: 448.57-449.57
- CTA 102 detected all week in outburst state with daily fluxes above 10.0e-6 from Jan. 4 to Jan 8. In particular on Jan. 6 and Jan. 7, the source reached the daily flux level of (19.8 +/-0.7)e-6 (with photon index 1.9+/-0.1) and of (18.3 +/-0.7)e-6 (with photon index 2.1+/-0.1) respectively. The 6-hour averaged peak flux of CTA 102 on Jan. 6 was (24.3+/-1.7)e-6 corresponding to about 150 times the averaged 3FGL flux of the source, and about 2.4 times the averaged 3FGL flux of the Vela pulsar.
- 3C 454.3 detected all week with daily fluxes between about 1.7e-6 and 2.8e-6.
- NGC 1275 (Per A, 3C 84) detected all week with daily fluxes between about 0.6e-6 and 0.8e-6. In particular on Jan. 3, NGC 1275 showed a photon index around 1.8 and one possible photon of 241 GeV energy spatially consistent with the source.
- PKS 1424-41 detected all week with daily fluxes between about 0.7e-6 and 0.9e-6.
- PKS 0426-380 detected in high state on Jan. 2, Jan. 4 and Jan. 5, each day at a flux level of (1.2+/-0.2)e-6.
- S5 1044+71 detected in high state all week with daily fluxes between about 0.6e-6 and 1.0e-6.
- S4 0917+62 (OK 630) detected in flaring state on Jan. 4 with daily flux (0.8+/-0.1)e-6.
- PKS 0438-43 detected in flaring state on Jan. 3 with daily flux (0.9+/-0.1)e-6.
- PKS 0907-023 detected in flaring state on Jan. 4 with daily flux (0.7+/-0.2)e-6.
- PMN J2153-1136 detected in flaring state on Jan. 2 with daily flux (0.9+/-0.2)e-6.
- PKS 1510-08 detected on Jan. 5 with daily flux about 1.0e-6.
- 3C 279 detected in the second paert of the week with daily fluxes between about 0.6e-6 and 0.8e-6.
- Other blazars of the day (daily flux around or below 0.5e-6): 1ES 2344+514, 1ES 1959+650, Ton 599, PKS 0736+01, S5 2007+77, B2 2308+34, PKS
0131-522, PKS 0447-439, Mkn 421, Mkn 501, AO 0235+164, S5 1053+70, Mkn 421, BL Lac, PKS 1502+106, PKS 0537-441, TXS 0518+211
(Ver 0521+211), PKS 0208-512, S3 0218+35 (gravitationally lensed),
PKS 0035-252, PG 1553+113, 4C +28.07 (B2 0234+28), 4C +01.02
(PKS 0106+01), 4C +31.03 (B2 0110+31), 3C 273, PKS 2155-304, PKS 2320-035, PKS 2136-642, PKS 2247-131 .
Fluxes are in the unit of photons/cm^2/s above 100 MeV. All uncertainties are statistical only.
Note. All the flux reported above are by the ASP analysis and should be considered preliminary and should not be used for publication, however they are indicative of the flux range and the current status of a source. Source association is done on the basis of source location, considering spatial coincidence only, and it is not indicative of an identification.
- Please acknowledge the LAT team if you use information from this report.
For questions and comments please contact:
- S. Ciprini (stefano.ciprini[at]asdc.asi.it) for generic information related to this week
- Contact persons on this page for individual sources cited above.