Covered period: 2017 Apr 3 - 9
LAT Mission week: 461.57-462.57
- High-redshift, z=2.4, blazar B2 1436+37B with flux of 0.3 +/- 0.1 on April 6 and 9. That is 8x its 3FGL J1438.7+3710 flux.
- VHE blazar, 1ES 1215+303, with 1-day flux on April 9 of 0.2 +/- 0.1, that is 4x its 3FGL value. Its peak 6-hr flux is ~0.5 +/- 0.1 with photon index 1.8 +/- 0.2. Its peak LAT flux has reached ~1.0 in the past. See: http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2017ApJ...836..205A
- New LAT source on April 7 with 1-day flux 0.4 +/- 0.1 (peak 6-hr flux of 0.6 +/- 0.2) that is positionally consistent with z=0.381 blazar, PKS 1200-051
- Gamma-ray emission from Cygnus X-3 detected by Fermi/LAT at the onset of a major radio flare on 2017 April 3. See: http://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=10243
Note. All the flux reported above are by the ASP analysis and should be considered preliminary and should not be used for publication, however they are indicative of the flux range and the current status of a source. Source association is done on the basis of source location, considering spatial coincidence only, and it is not indicative of an identification.
- Please acknowledge the LAT team if you use information from this report.
For questions and comments please contact:
- C.C. Cheung (Teddy.Cheung [at] nrl.navy.mil) for generic information related to this week
- Contact persons on this page for individual sources cited above.