Covered period: 2014 September 29 - October 5
LAT Mission week: 330.57 - 331.57
- PKS 0502+049 (recent Fermi-Swift ATel #6425) observed in flaring state peaking on Oct. 1 at 1.4E-6.
- Detection of a new transient gamma-ray source Fermi J2007-2518 with a rapid flare peaked on Sep. 29 at a daily flux level of 1.5E-6. Source also confirmed in high active state on one week timescale. More details, including first results of a Swift ToO, in ATel#6555.
- Flare of PKS 1352-104 peaking on Sept. 29 with a daily flux of 0.9E-6 about 20 times greater than the average flux reported in the 2FGL catalog (see ATel #6522 for more details).
- 3C 454.3 detected in high state all week with a daily flux level ranging between about 1.5E-6 and 2.8E-6.
- 4C +21.35 (PG 1222+216) in high state all week with a daily flux level ranging between about 0.7E-6 and 1.3E-6.
- CTA 102 detected in high state on Oct. 2 with daily flux level of 1.4e-6.
- Further bright blazars detected during the week, also sporadically, with daily flux in the range of about 0.6E-6 to 1.0E-6: PKS 1510-08, PKS 2326-502, S5 0836+71, PKS 1406-076, PKS 1424-41, PKS 0454-234, AO 0235+164, PKS 0454-234, S3 0218+35 (lens B0218+35), NGC 1275 (Per A).
- Other blazars detected in some days of the week (with daily flux lower than about 0.6E-6): S5 0716+71, 4C +38.41 (B2 1633+38), PKS 0336-01, Mkn 501, Mkn 421, PKS 2155-304, PKS 0402-362, PKS 2155-304, B2 1520+31.
- Results about Fermi LAT and Swift observations of increased activity in blazar PMN J2141-6411 are reported in ATel#6547 issued during the week.
- Results about Fermi LAT detection of gamma-ray flaring activity from Broad Line Radio Galaxy 3C 120 are reported in ATel #6529 issued during the week.
Fluxes are in the unit of photons/cm^2/s above 100 MeV. All uncertainties are statistical only.
Note. All the flux reported above are by the ASP analysis and should be considered preliminary and should not be used for publication, however they are indicative of the flux range and the current status of a source. Source association is done on the basis of source location, considering spatial coincidence only, and it is not indicative of an identification.
- Please acknowledge the LAT team if you use information from this report.
For questions and comments please contact:
- S. Ciprini (stefano.ciprini[at]asdc.asi.it) for generic information related to this week
- Contact persons on this page for individual sources cited above.