Covered period: 2014 October 6-12
LAT Mission week: 331.57 - 332.57
- Flare of blazar PKS 0336-01 (CTA 26) peaking on October 11, 2014, with a daily flux of about 1.1E-6 about 20 times greater than the average flux reported in the 2FGL catalog. This is the first time that such a high level of GeV emission is detected on daily time scales since the outburst observed by EGRET in 1995 (see
ATel #6568 for more details).
* Flare of blazar PKS B1908-201 (TXS 1908-201, OV -213) peaking on October 12, 2014, with a daily flux of about 1.3E-6 about 10 times greater than the average flux reported in the 2FGL catalog. Also PKS B1908-201 is a known EGRET blazar observed this week in flaring state by the LAT (see ATel #6575 for more details).
* 3C 454.3 detected in bright state all week with a daily flux level ranging between about 0.8E-6 and 2.1E-6.
* Flare of 3C 279 on October 12 with daily flux of about 1.6E-6. to be noted that this week the Sun was in conjunction with 3C 279.
* Mkn 501 active during the week being detected on daily scales all the days with a flux 2x/4X the 2FGL flux.
* Further bright blazars detected during the week with daily flux in the range of about 0.7E-6 to 1.0E-6: PKS 1510-08, PKS 2326-502, 3C 279, PKS 0426-380, 4C +21.35 (PG 1222+216), NGC 1275 (Per A).
* Other blazars detected in some days of the week (with daily flux lower than about 0.7E-6): Mkn 421, B2 1144+40, PKS 1424-41, B2 1520+31, PKS 2155-304, 4C +38.41 (B2 1633+38), PG 1553+113, PKS 1352–104, PKS 0502+049.
Fluxes are in the unit of photons/cm^2/s above 100 MeV. All uncertainties are statistical only.
Note. All the flux reported above are by the ASP analysis and should be considered preliminary and should not be used for publication, however they are indicative of the flux range and the current status of a source. Source association is done on the basis of source location, considering spatial coincidence only, and it is not indicative of an identification.
- Please acknowledge the LAT team if you use information from this report.
For questions and comments please contact:
- S. Ciprini (stefano.ciprini[at]asdc.asi.it) for generic information related to this week
- Contact persons on this page for individual sources cited above.